So, owning a coffee machine does have merit. Yay. I spent the rest of the long weekend, rain and shine, drinking coffee, sitting and eating on our new outdoor furniture! Keep reading and I'll explain.
Nothingness snuck quietly out of my weekend when Sunday's trip to be a cafe couple turned into a lovely stroll through Mosman and the discovery of some fantastic clothes boutiques with some of my favourite clothing labels including Sunny Girl and Wish! Sam patiently helped me to find dresses (because, this summer is all about not worrying about to what to wear, and throwing on a dress for the beach, pub or dinner!)
In the end, I settled for some great skirts, a couple of tops, a dress (all items on super sale*) and placed an order on some shoes. I'm actually wearing one of the shirts today (bought specifically for work) and I am very happy with the purchase!
Anyway, we enjoyed some lunch at a cafe (how cool does a roast pork, apple, rocket and jarlsberg sandwich sound!?) and continued the cafe couple paper reading tradition.
Half way home, it was decided we must get some outdoor furniture for our balcony (which realistically, only just fits two people and two pots of grass - more on this later)
Bunnings had the perfect solution (don't they everytime?) and Sam found his inner-interior decorator and grabbed some matching cushions, place mats and candles from Freedom (this is reading like an ad!)
And hence, the espresso machine was rediscovered, and the balcony. The Frangipani tree directly outside our bedroom window and balcony is about to bloom, so we're looking forward to this momentous occassion.
Lastly, our new neighbours downstairs, another young couple, moved in to their newly renovated apartment a few weekends ago, and while we've not seen much of them (and I am very curious) a gift bag with chocolates was left hanging on our door handle over the weekend, saying sorry for the noise while the renovations took place. That was nice.
We trekked downstairs yesterday afternoon and knocked on their door to say thank you. They seemed lovely, and we had a quick chat. Perhaps in some sort of balancing act, they asked us if we had enjoyed our karoke the night before, of which they heard every note. We apologised, of course, and were mildly embarrased that our singing could be heard, despite Sam nailing Delta's 'I was born to try', twice.
Do do do.
*super sale = less than $25 an item.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment