Whoops! It’s been over 3 weeks and I’ve been a little bit slack with my blogging. Naughty me.
Given this much time has lapsed, here’s the ‘highlights’ of what’s happened over the past three weeks:
Visit to hospital for day surgery (you don’t need the details, trust me. It has been confirmed however that I’m one of the ‘chatty’ patients, after waking up from anesthetic!) Further investigations into this medical mystery are being undertaken, by a second specialist.
13.5km hike from Berowra to Cowan on Sunday, in 31 degree heat, via Berowra Waters (many, many, many mountains) and wearing new hiking boots. Read about my life as ‘adventure girl’ for the reasons why I did this. Actually, it was a huge challenge for me, and very satisfying to buy some beer and lemonade at the end and celebrate with a shandy at Cowan train station! Photos to appear on FB shortly.
Baptist denominational conference at Homebush, which my organisation was the major partner in. I was privileged to work three fifteen hour days in a hot marquee, packing and unpacking a mini house exhibit and did some major preparation leading up to the conference before my manager returned from Europe (the day before the conference!) Big week that one! The week also involved the hysterical driving of a 3 tonne truck with my manager, who might be (putting it politely) a little bit incompetent in this area. In his defense, neither of our PDs mentions truck driving to begin with!
Birthday dinner with a certain Zo Zo at a funky café in Manly, with Asian food, tapas, and live music! And birthday dinner at Radio Cairo for my brother … yummo!
Signing up with a personal trainer and being put to the test every Wednesday at 6.15am. Think of me, when you’re doing that lazy 6am turn in your bed, relishing in how much more sleep you have to enjoy! While I need a small nap at 10am those days, I’m invigorated and feeling pretty fit.
Cricket has officially started. I’m now called ‘Ms Cricket’ by the team.
So there you go.
Also of note, a great friend started work with me last week, another friend returned from Europe and more friends got engaged.
One last tidbit (love that word!) of information. Tonight I made a salad (alongside some baked Portuguese chicken tenderloins) of baby spinach, avocado, shallots, asparagus, grilled haloumi cheese and a dressing of lemon juice, oil and fresh chives, and if I don’t say so myself, it was award winning.
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go. Promise to not be lazy and write again soon. Off to read my new Donna Hay magazine ... thinking of changing career (you can have more than one!) to amazing chef.
1 comment:
I appreciate your use of links in this post! Very glad to see you back up online
Post a Comment