Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Down in Fraggle Rock

Late at night on Monday, out of the blue, Sam asked me if I remembered Fraggle Rock.

I have been waiting for at least fifteen years for someone to ask me that question ... and I fell in love with Sam all over again when he asked me the Fraggle Rock question.

You know when you have childhood memories of books, tv programs, movies etc, and every now and then you think about them, and wonder who else remembers?

I've been like that with Fraggle Rock. My memory of the tv program is limited. I remember the Fraggles, hanging out in their underground cave/rock, and occasionally, they would venture out of the cave ... and it would be scary.

One of the exploring Fraggles, Uncle Matt used to wear a khaki coloured jungle outfit, and he would often leave the rock for days at a time to visit our world, "Outer Space" (I think ... as I say, my memories of the Fraggles are a bit like a half finished jigsaw)

Also, I remember a small part of the theme song: "Down in Fraggle Rock ...."

Sam seems to think the Muppets visited the Fraggles one day. I don't remember that.

Interestingly, Fraggle Rock will be shown this in Australia on Boomerang (whatever channel that is). I will make it my Fraggle-mission to check this out.

You can read about Fraggle Rock here if you like ... and hopefully you've been waiting for as long as I have for someone to ask you if you remember the Fraggles ... do you?


** And there is going to be a Fraggle Rock movie in 2009, according to IMDB! **

1 comment:

Jess said...

I don't remember it Liz...I always thought it must ahve been some strange NZ thing