There is a funny smell near my desk today ... it's like musty shoes from someone who has smelly feet - but, there is noone sitting near me to today, and I'm wearing jandals.
Every now and then I just get a wiff of this mustiness, and it distracts me. I'm a very smell-orientated person.
I'm very good with smells. If I've smelt the perfume you're wearing before, I'll always get it right - or at least the brand of perfume! Some smells remind me intensely of memories, esp winter smells, which remind me of home (NZ).
Food smells have a love/hate relationship with me at the moment, given I'm on the Tony Ferg. diet. Ben's toast with butter smelt beyond delicious today.
Lately, in the last 1.5 weeks, I've been cutting myself a bit of slack. I'm at a weight I really enjoy at the moment (1-2 ks more to loose by August), and I know the trick to stay at this weight is with sensible eating and exercise.
But I get a bit excited and start over-eating (not just eating, we're talking M&Ms, lots of them, and Liz's special hot cross buns - recipe at bottom). I wish I could do 'happy mediums'.
I do find that watching the Biggest Loser every night, which I have been doing, is very motivating and inspirational. I do like that show*.
*when will all the shows I onced love get rid of their overused formulaes and start being cool again?
Not sure if you can have a happy medium smell - they tend to be either offensive or lovely?
RECIPE - Liz's special hot cross buns.
Buy fruit or plain hot cross buns.
Cut each bun in half, and place inside bun two diary milk chocolate oblongs, or, if you're working with squares, use three.
Place bun in foil, and put in oven, about 150 degrees, for 7-10 mins max.
Take out bun, open foil, use knife to spread melted chocolate around.
Lick knife. Eat bun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ooohh if I liked Easter buns I'd so do that.
Post a Comment