Work is very busy. I have gone from being slightly worried about my role this year, with a new team member taking over some of my duties, effectively making my life easier but possibly my job redundant, to being ridiculously busy.
Of course, I knew it wouldn't be made redundant, but was worried all the same about my usefulness and the idea that I am irreplaceable. In my head.
Anyway, as we enter our 65th anniversary year here at work, we thought we should do a 65th event - a relay - around NSW & the ACT. In addition to the normal events workload. Safe to say I will be busy this year.
I think I'm averaging 5-6 events a month, with some months having larger than normal events (ie two-day Baptist conventions)
I'm putting together a super spreadsheet, detailing every event date/venue/detail and who will be attending from my team - I'm delegating a little bit needless to say, I'm not too keen on visiting Parkes this year if I don't have too. We'll see.
Luckily, my own personal events (ie wedding, honeymoon, general socialising) will be a piece of cake.
Meanwhile, poor Sammy hates his job and therefore can't progress in the land of workers compensation because his motivation is very low and the job doesn't suit him at all. He is very sad and doesn't come home happy. This has prompted me to arrange a career counselling session (with someone qualified, rather than me) and to see if we can sort out this problem.
Sam wants to work outdoors, preferably doing outdoor recreation or team building recreation type things - but not on a casual basis, really needs to be full time. There isn't much available. And even then, he's not convinced he wants this. He knows he wants to work outside at the very least.
Jess - if you're reading, I know you like to make job/rental suggestions - feel free to seek out Seek.
Ciao ciao
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Would it be possible for Sam to do an outdoor education course through TAFE while still at CGU so he can keep earning, and then take it from there?
I have a friend that works for Anglican Youthworks as an outdoor educator on their campsites (abseiling, camping, canoing, all that stuff) and she did that course after a degree.
That is wonderful advice Jess! I'll pass it on. His degree would give him access to these jobs, but perhaps updating it with a specialist course would be good. Thanks!
Post a Comment