I didn’t want today to be a day of whinges … but I knew when it started raining at 4.00am this morning I wasn’t going to be happy-clappy Liz.
And true to form, every silly question/comment/person that could come via my desk today has. And it’s only 11.17am!
Rain on Friday’s is almost as bad as rain on Mondays.
Fridays are the beginning of the long-awaited weekend. They symbolise two and a half (if you tend to end your working week just after lunchtime!) days of fitting in as much fun, socialising, eating, exercising, exploring, spending and lazing as you can. When it starts with rain, it just takes the fizz out of it all.
We’ll leave rain on Mondays to another blog.
Earlier this morning a colleague emailed me a video ... and I have to say, it doesn't get more coincidental than this!
On another note, tonight I am looking forward to beer and hot greasy pub food (charged at prices that only North Sydney can) to celebrate a new friend and employee joining forces with me in my daily fight on behalf of the elderly and people living on the margins of society (yes, people in charity head offices do contribute)
So, after six paragraphs of sarcasm, I think I can safely say I’ve almost got this out of my system … and I’m going to make a self-promise that I try to improve my attitude and my next blog will be full of sunshine and sparkles.
Yay for wet Fridays.
No comments:
Post a Comment