Wednesday, August 27, 2008

acting boss

With my boss overseas on his honeymoon this week (another three to go), I've become the 'second best' answer to my organisation's media/communication/advertising needs. This hasn't been such a steep learning curve in terms of practical knowledge, but has shown me how my boss manages to get nothing done all day, while doing so much!

In our area of work, we are everyone's 'go-to', everyone's answer, and there are many things to approve! I've enjoyed taking a bit more responsibility, even if it means ending up in the CEOs office to bring to fruition an idea she has had overnight!

I'm also enjoying the management side of things, as I work alongside two colleagues/friends who are relying on me a little more to assist them with their day to day tasks/issues. I'm not sure I will have the solution they might need at any time ... but I'm learning to listen and be present for them ... having knowledge of the frustration that is a too-busy boss.

This week (all three days of it) has also featured an unexpected doctor's visit followed by a specialist referral (always fun...), not enough dreaded gym visits, and the lead up to 24-hours of trailwalker running/walking for crazy athlete-partner, and 24-hours of 'support crew' preparation for me, officially starting at 10am on Friday morning. More on this next time.

It has also been a week of chicken caeser salad (really should remember to ask for dressing on the side so that the salad becomes less dressing, more salad), licorice allsorts and not enough water.

I've just finished reading my friend's fantastic 'tour of Italy' blog.

There are no wine-infused sunsets here people.

No comments: