Tuesday, November 4, 2008

3 o'clock

I have a 3 o'clock afternoon rant. But parts of it are good. It's not a rant, more like a collection of thoughts. It's just that at 3 o'clock, I stop doing work and start doing stuff.

1. I don't want to look for a wedding dress. I can't be bothered. I don't want to trawl through shops looking at lovely, but over priced gowns. I don't want to fall in love with more than one gown and have to make a choice. I have found a dress I like. It's not probably not the dress that will look the most stunning on me, if we're going to compare it to every dress in the world, but it is a dress and I like it, and it will do, and really, I quite love it. Mum insists we keep looking.

2. I should have a piece of fruit, but I really like toast. Am going to compromise with apricot jam on toast.

3. This is kind of like plagiarising, but it's open slather for anyone visiting the Kodak site so check this out. Super Elizabeth. It made 2.45 pm today seem less un-fun.

4. I have to give up my personal trainer in two weeks ... and then I'll be on my own again. So sad. Until next year, when I will recommence, perhaps 3 months before the wedding, so I can maintain my Super Elizabeth body of steel.

5. I watched the Sex & the City movie a few nights ago, and really enjoyed it. I always get sucked in with princess love stories, particularly when it involves great clothes and good looking blondes, and also, I'm just as heart broken when loves goes wrong. There were a lot of tears during the movie. Sam has learned to stop asking what's wrong when I cry during movies, because I generally respond, through sobs, with "Don't you have a heart????"

6. To the person who threw brown liquid off their balcony and onto ours, almost ruining our funky outdoor furniture and cushions: Don't do it again. Or my boyfriend will beat you up.

7. Today I'm wearning a silk scarf tied around my neck ... with a nice bow to the side, like in France. I love it. I am also wearing other clothes with this scarf, which was a good move. I will try to put a picture up if I can ...

Salute!

2 comments:

Bethany Tara said...

I watched the sex and the city movie the other day and cried too.
You're no sucker liz! guys just don't get it!

Liz said...

I'm glad it's not just me B!